Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving of one another as God in Christ forgave you.
-Ephesians 4:31-32

Friday, July 8, 2011

Train Station Love

I've now spent a fairly significant amount of time in train stations. One of my favorite things to do now while waiting is to watch couples say goodbye to eachother.

In Salzburg, there was a couple standing and embracing, faces glued to eachother, barely coming up for air right in the front of the platform.

Both were chic-ly dressed, her in the gorgeous loos but flatteringly tailored pants that all of the YHM girls envy and he in a fashionable suitjacket. He had with him a bag that couldn't have held more than 3 days worth of clothes.

I imagine he was probably going to Vienna for a business trip, soon to return to his girlfriend back home.

Even so, they're taking full advantage of their last few moments before he leaves.

Now, lips apart, he has her fully locked in his arms. Her head on his chest, she looks completely enveloped in his large Austrian arms. It's almost as if, for the 15 minutes I'm watching them (glances between reading my book-- I'm not that creepy) there's an invisible cord wrapped at their hips, joining them completely.

Normally, I'm not the biggest fan of PDA. I'm happy when people are in love, but usually it's more comfortable to see sweet handholding or innocent pecks rather than this unashamed love put on a platform.

Somehow though, I can't help but smile at this open affection. These train station couples are savoring their time together.

Okay, it's probably mostly due to the fact that I see these couples in places like the dramatic Salzburg where the hills are alive with the freaking sound of music! I probably- no definitely- would roll my eyes if I saw the same at Ogilvie Transportation Center in Chicago, Illinois.

I'm still in love with these affectionate train couples. Like it comes out of a movie. Good luck with your business in Vienna, my train traveling friend. I wish I could see you greet your girlfriend when you get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment