Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving of one another as God in Christ forgave you.
-Ephesians 4:31-32

Monday, June 6, 2011

Bilingual Church

Yesterday, I went to a bilingual church with a bunch of friends from the house. It was actually pretty funny because in Wheaton, when people talk about going to a bilingual service, they're talking about Iglesia del Pueblo or Wheaton Chinese Alliance Church.

Nope-- yesterday I went to a service where the American pastor would speak a line in English, then a Dutch man would translate.

The message was actually part of a series on being counter-cultural. It also happened to be the sermon on sex. It was really a very interesting sermon to hear since I've noticed a dramatically different sexually charged atmosphere here (see my post 'Dutch Men' below). It was cool to hear a message from an American pastor who has been here longer than me talk about this side of Amsterdam that I'm just getting aquainted with.

No comments:

Post a Comment