Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving of one another as God in Christ forgave you.
-Ephesians 4:31-32

Monday, June 13, 2011

Discouragement

So lately I've been getting a bit discouraged in a way that it bothers me that it upsets me....

I keep meeting Christians.

I've been having really great, really encouraging conversations with Christians from around the world who stay in the hostel. It just so happens that when I'm on shifts, the people most willing to talk and hang out love Jesus.

I'm here to share about Jesus-- but everyone here already knows Him!

I'm laughing at my own immaturity...

While doing YHM, every team is supposed to send updates out to the other YHMers. So about once every other day, I hear from a travelling team. Their stories are fantastic. They're seemingly meeting people left and right and can hardly say hello without launching into a three hour conversation about the lack of condemnation in Christ.

I feel like a bump on a log when I get their updates, feeling like I'm recieving more than giving.

This morning, I was talking to Linley, another Wheaton student working in Amsterdam with me. She reminded me that there's a powerful testimony in guests seeing a group of people serving without pay. We've had guests tell us that they feel something different in this hostel compared to others. I see that.

Mantra of the week comes from 1 Corinthians 15:58

"Therefore, my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain."

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment