Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving of one another as God in Christ forgave you.
-Ephesians 4:31-32

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Family

This week I'm doing some work for my parents both to help them out and to make some money because I won't be working the next two summers.
My mom asked me to scan and restore some old slides from her childhood so she can get copies that she can actually use. Not many Wheaties know it, but I'm pretty good at photoshop :)

My grandparents were missionaries in Spain when my mom and her sisters were growing up. I found some pretty precious photos of them doing their work. I'm scanning in more than 100 photos of the family... these are two of my favorites,

My mom is the middle daughter-- the one on the left.
How gorgeous is the background??

My papa
Part of the reason why I wanted to do YHM this summer was because my grandparents were career missionaries in Europe. It's nice, if only for 10 weeks, to get a taste of what they did for a living. It's really special to be working on these photos of them working in the church two weeks before I head out.

Also, immediately after I finish my time in Amsterdam, I'm flying to meet my family in the Canary Islands, where my mom did most of her growing up. It's going to be really special to see where they lived!

Just thought I'd share,
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment