Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving of one another as God in Christ forgave you.
-Ephesians 4:31-32

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

In Chicago...

I've made it back to Wheaton.
I'm sitting in the Office of Christian outreach getting ready to go. All of the YHMers meet up at school to fly out to Amsterdam tomorrow evening.

Well-- I didn't sleep last night. My brain keeps running with "oh! did I call the bank? where's my tylenol? am I sure I have the right train to Luxembourg?" when you're all alone in your bed there's nothing else really to think about.

I took my flight from Providence at 6am (5am Chicago time) and safely arrived in Chicago right before a massive thunderstorm. Turns out, all the flights of my friends who were supposed to join me by noon, had flights horribly delayed. So I sat in the airport. Alone. For seven hours.

Jane Austen and I :)
I'm reading Persuasion.


On a happier note: I've kept up with the slides for my mom.
Turns out it's the fiftieth anniversary for a Baptist conference center in Spain that my grandparents helped plan. I was asked to send these photos to a man in charge over there and he was so enthusiastic to talk to me and tell me stories about my grandparents. It's so special to hear about the work being done in the church in Europe. It's so great to see the longjevity of these projects.

Especially when nerves are keeping me from sleeping.

No comments:

Post a Comment